Wednesday, August 8, 2007

My Life as a Rock Star

OK, so it’s really not as glamorous as it sounds. I’m no Gwen Stefani and Two Blue Peas is no l.a.m.b., but I do have a fierce passion for fashion and I sure love a good music festival. Three days later and I’m still recovering from the heat, the crowd and of course the rockin’ shows from Lollapalooza 2007. Sure I’m a booze-free, spreadsheet-making, speed limit-obeying business woman, but that doesn’t mean I can’t hang with the group of fake I.D.-toting teenagers next to me singing along with every word coming out of Mickey Avalon’s dirty (yet oh so hilarious) mouth.

Maybe one of these days I’ll settle down and outgrow this guilty pleasure. Maybe one day when we finally start our family. Who am I kidding? I’ll just fly the grandparents in to have some QT with their future rock star grandkids. Besides, you could technically call it a business trip. I did wander through the Kidzapalooza tent to scope out our next sponsorship deal.

In this life, I plan to keep donning my tiniest tank top and SPF 50 to brave the sun in the name of live music. Next stop? The Austin City Limits Music Festival – right in our own backyard. In my second life though, maybe I’ll come back as a band front man instead of a wee festival go-er. That way I can get some free swag from boutiques like Two Blue Peas clambering to have my kids sport their goods in the next issue of US Weekly magazine.

Now if I can just figure out how to sneak a little brown and blue package into Perry Farrell’s trailer...

bookmark and share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home