Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Get your elbows out. It's TX tax-free weekend.

Unlike my other 23,507,782 fellow Texans, I have no plans to brave the mall this weekend to save a mere eight and a quarter percent on back-to-school clothes and shoes.

Call me lazy. Call me crazy. Or just call me while you wait in the back of the longest line the Gap has ever seen. A deceivingly long maze of a line that rivals LaGuardia’s security checkpoint on Christmas Eve. I’ll be at home lounging in the comfort of my ergonomic desk chair, clicking away at my favorite wait-free online shops. Yes, including Two Blue Peas. We’re tax-free for Texans this weekend too (August 17 – 19, 2007)! Throw in free shipping on orders over $100, and duking it out over the last legitimate parking space in the lot suddenly seems a little cuckoo now doesn’t it?

Don’t get me wrong. I love a good deal as much as the next gal. And I’m certainly not rolling in so much dough that eight and a quarter percent is considered peanuts every other time of the year. I can just think of a few better uses this weekend for my precious elbows. Say, gently nudging my husband’s ribs to politely ask if he can keep the snoring to a more reasonable decibel.

bookmark and share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home