Sunday, February 24, 2008

Mommy Diaries: And the Oscar goes to...

And the Oscar goes to...Lillian Grace. In honor of Oscar time, I have to give a nod to my precious little who has learned the art of acting. Somewhere between learning to walk, talk and ask for things my daughter has learned how to play up a really good whine. It's a little pathetic and absolutely hilarious in my book.

Let's say for example someone really wants to watch Elmo (which is every 5 minutes usually). And, a really mean mommy says, no. Lillie enters her 'I'm going to be as pathetic as possible' state to try and make mommy change her mind. First, a foot stomp, then some running in place, followed up with a very long "nnnnnnnnnnooooooo" and if you're very lucky a jump in the air landing straight on her bottom. Oh, Miss Lillie, your performance does Cate Blanchett shame.

As your skills are refined by age and countless times for needing a good performance, I'm certain you will be nominated again. But, this year's Best Whining Performance by a Little Person goes to you. Please make sure to thank me when you accept!

bookmark and share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home