Sunday, March 9, 2008

Mommy Diaries: Have Elmo will Travel

Road trips have always been part of my life. I think I practically spent every summer in the car with my family traveling from Dallas to Virginia to see my mother's family. Driving the highway is something I know a lot about, and actually in most ways I really enjoy. So, when Lillie and I scheduled a trip to see my mom last week. I knew I needed to armor myself with the perfect road trip distractions.

When I would travel in the back seat of our Chevy Caprice Classic, there was just me, my sister and our imaginations. Coloring books and small games were about the extent of toys in the car. I often wonder how my mom and dad survived 24 hours in the car with us. What did we do with all our time and how much whining did they listen to?

Well, the best invention for road trips has to be the DVD player. I try not to fan the Elmo obsession fire too much these days, but with just Lillie and I on one of the craziest highways in Texas, I had to purchase a DVD player and enough Elmo DVDs to last 3 hours.

And, after traveling there and back, I'm hooked. My little toddler was calm, happy and could have cared less I was trucking her down the highway for 3 hours. Although, if I hear the Elmo theme song one more time, I might strangle myself. Let's just hope she doesn't expect the DVD every time we get the car!

bookmark and share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home