Thursday, April 10, 2008

Style file: fab fabrics for a DIY nursery

I’m a glutton for fabulous fabrics. I have a giant plastic bin in my closet full of remnants I’ve collected here and there because I just know I’ll have a use for them someday.

I don’t have the need for a nursery just yet, but you better believe I have visions of the perfect one laid out in my head – bedding, accent pillows, curtains, and all.

Of course I plan to start with a gorgeous Serena & Lily crib set as my inspiration, but the rest will be one-of-a-kind, custom-made goodness sewn by yours truly out of some of the best fabrics I’ve found this side of the web.

If you want to create a modern and unique space for your little bundle-to-be, but feel overwhelmed by the fabrics and intimidated by the machine, have no fear. There are plenty of easy patterns out there for roman shades, basic tab-top drapes, square pillows, flat bedskirts… that can all be tackled by a novice.

The best place to start is with a color palette and fabric selection. Here’s a list of my favorite sites that are all bursting at the seams with amazing choices:


Purl SoHoAmy ButlerContemporary Cloth

bookmark and share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home