Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Things we love: Pregnancy & Newborn magazine

Pregnancy & Newborn MagazineAh, life’s little happies. At the top of my list are clean sheets, full-fat ice cream, and a mailbox full of fashion magazines.

The little green monster on my shoulder nags that I should cancel my subscriptions and read them online. But curling up on the couch, flipping through the glossy pages, and folding down corners is one of those pleasures I’m just not ready to give up. When finished, they go into my recycle bin – promise.

One day, there will likely be a new monster advising that I replace my current reads with mags focused solely on baby. That voice too, I shall ignore. Well, sort of.

There is obviously a need for the old standbys to keep you up to snuff on everything baby – safety, health, what to expect. But any mom will testify that it’s important to not completely lose yourself in the crazy shuffle that is parenthood.

I think I’ve found the best of both worlds. A magazine that marries the down-and-dirty parenting advice with tips on how to look and feel fabulous in the process.

A relative newcomer to the scene, Pregnancy & Newborn magazine is a refreshing blend of all things selfless and selfish about being pregnant and caring for a newborn.

With regular features like “lust vs. must”, “celebrity fashion stakeouts”, and “retail therapy”, this pub is the perfect compromise between InStyle and Parents. Because yes, those two words can be uttered together in the same sentence.

bookmark and share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home