Thursday, September 13, 2007

Wii like it a lot

OK, so Cy came home the other night with a sheepish grin and a bag from Circuit City. Now, this isn't the first time things like this have happened in my house, but since we have the ridiculously enormous flat screen TV, Xbox, DVD, computers, etc I couldn't quite figure out what he had purchased. He brought home something that I hadn't heard of before a Nintendo Wii. For those of you that are not hip on all the gadgety stuff, like myself, this is Nintendo's new gaming system that is much more interactive than the regular joystick of old (yes, I'm referencing Atari, that's how hip I am).

Nintendo Wii has a remote that you hold in your hand and just with the motion of your arm you can play tennis, bowling, golf and boxing. Sounds like fun, but I have to give it the cold shoulder because its just another electronic toy in our house. Do we really need this right now, probably not.

I watch as he happily sets it up that evening making emoticons, ok that's kind of fun, and gets his first game going. Trying not to be interested, because I can't support this behavior, I watch as he swings his arms around, jumps, laughs and makes a fool of himself. Could it be that this looks like actual fun? I really don't like video games at all, but shoot, I'm going to have to try. Round 1 tennis. I'm a pro. Must be all those lessons my stepdad paid for back in the day. Round 2 bowling. Again, I'm an ace! If only my friends could see me now.

After working up a little sweat, I couldn't show too much excitement, or else we'd end up with every gaming console known to man. However, I have to admit Sarah and I found ourselves playing tennis and golf the next day. We won't tell Cy, but I think he found a winner this time.

bookmark and share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home