Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Culture shot: SuperFoods for Babies & Children

Not being a very skilled cook I struggle with what to feed Lillie. Cy and I are both notorious eater outers. And, if it is already prepared by someone, I usually take that alternative instead of making it on my own.

That was fine and dandy when I was without child, but now I make three meals a day plus snacks. I get a little stuck in a rut with my weekly menus. Thankfully, there is help. Annabel Karmel has written a great children's cook book called SuperFoods for Babies and Children.

What I like about this book is that it is separated by age groups. There is a good explanation on the types of foods your little one should be eating for healthy growth and recipes to make things on your own. But, the absolute best part is the week by week meal planner for each age. Now, I have to admit some of the recipes are a little too complicated for my toddler cooking. But, it usually makes me think of a more simple solution.

If you're feeling a little bored by your meal plans, go take a look at this book and get inspired. It has given assistance to even the most helpless chef.



bookmark and share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home