Friday, May 9, 2008

Mom’s the word.

Sarah & MomHere I sit 1,000 miles away from my Mom. Missing birthdays stings a little. Missing holidays is rough. But not being able to spend time with my sister and Mom – my best friends in the world – on Mother’s Day is truly heartbreaking.

We talk every day, we’re open with our love, and very little goes unsaid between us. We trade thoughtful gifts and pour our hearts out in cards, yet still it doesn’t seem like nearly enough.

Even if we lived next door, would it ever be enough? Could we ever spend enough time, say enough words, or utter enough thank yous to let our Mom know what she means to us?

My guess is no. I bet even you lucky dogs living near your Moms feel the same.

When I was digging around for some gift ideas to suggest in today’s post, I stumbled upon a quote that couldn’t possibly sum my mom up any better. It made me realize that gifts and words are not the way to show your true appreciation for who she is and what she’s done for you.

It’s returning the favor and recognizing the love and sacrifice she has so instinctually given since the day you were born. It’s letting her know those acts have not gone unnoticed and that you’re forever grateful.

“A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie.”

If I could be there on Sunday, I would more than gladly take the “tough piece of steak” for you Mom. It’s the least I can do. Happy, happy Mother's Day. We love you!

bookmark and share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home