Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Culture Shot: Barenaked Snacktime

Yes, there have been times when Lillie does have a snack in just her skivvies, but that's not what this post is about. One of my favorite bands, Barenaked Ladies, has created a children's CD, Snacktime. Just as my friends and I are getting older and multiplying our families, so are our favorite bands and their bandmates.

"Our collective kids now outnumber the band more than 2 to 1," explains vocalist/guitarist Ed Robertson. "We set out to make a record that would be entertaining for them…not strictly a children's record, but a record that children would really enjoy."

Which is the exact reason that you should give this CD a shot. The melodies are great, themes are in tune with growing up and it has the sort of fun you expect from this band. I know I can only hear "The Wheels on the Bus" so many times before wanting to pull my hair out. And, I'm sure you all are the same.

Thankfully good bands are realizing the opportunity to make children's music a bit more fun for kiddos and adults alike. Give this CD a listen, I promise you and your little one will be bopping along.

>Purchase on Amazon
>Listen free on BNL website

bookmark and share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home