Monday, June 16, 2008

Mommy Diaries: Pink Pockles

Lillie has found a new love for popsicles. She has had a few before, but never had really asked for them. We always offered them up after dinner sometimes on hot nights. The other night Lillie, her dad and I were on the back porch and we had this conversation.

Lillie: I want pink pockles
Mom: Pockles? I'm not sure what that is sweetie.
Lillie: Pink, orange, red pockles.
Mom: Pockles, hmmm, pink, orange...
Lillie: PINK POCKLES, RED POCKLES!
Mom: Oh, do want a popsicle?
Lillie: YEAH!

From that moment on pockles have been in high demand around here. She learned that asking for something means that she usually gets it, within reason of course. So, after breakfast, lunch and dinner I hear the phrase, "I want pink pockles." Then we have to explain that we only have them for special times and after dinner.

I love that she is starting to put all these ideas together. And, it was so great to see her try to explain to me what she was trying to say. The look on her face was a fast forward to pre-teens years, like, geez mom, don't you understand?

bookmark and share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home