Thursday, September 20, 2007

Herbie the Love Bug

My mom and stepdad made it down for the 1st birthday celebration with a large wrapped box in tow. I wondered what kind of present this could be, Lillie has practically every large toy we can think of. At the party with the frenzy of present opening going on, we unwrapped the large box. To my surprise it was a red plastic buggy that little ones ride in and parents push along. I had never seen this one before, it looks like a red version of Herbie the Love Bug, big googly eyes and all.

We took Lillie on her first ride in the neighborhood and it was giggles and smiles the whole time. She held on tight to the steering wheel, sat up straight and had the breeze in your hair and proudly waved hi to every person or car she could. I thought this is genius! We have a little Mario Andriette on our hands. And, we've just made walks around the block one hundred times more fun than that plain ole stroller.

Flash forward to day three and four of the buggy. I made the mistake of parking Lillie's first car in our foyer for easy access. Admittedly her stroller was in my trunk, so this was our mode of transportation for walks, because I am too lazy to get the darn thing out of my boot. Anyway, my little one has become obsessed. If we're playing in the house, she is sitting in that buggy ready for me to take her on a ride. She practiced for about half an hour yesterday getting in and out of the buggy on her own. Which she mastered, smart child, I know. If she goes out of site for more than a minute, I can walk to the front of the house and there she is sitting her buggy ready to go.

Lillie and I highly recommend this little love bug for walks. But, please take my advice and store the darn thing in the garage. Or else you'll become a personal in-house taxi service with child in buggy. And, there are only so many routes around the living room and kitchen, and they usually don't even leave a tip.

bookmark and share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home