Monday, September 24, 2007

Off she goes...

Teetering between her father and I, Lillie took her first official steps as a toddler this weekend. She had taken 2 or 3 in between us before, but that was mostly lunging and falling. She has been getting more and more comfortable with walking, but this was the first time it was deliberate and intentional. My insides were shouting, "Hallelujah, I'm a parenting success!" Of course since those glorious moments, the only walking she has done is with me holding her hands. Which, by the way, is starting to really give me back aches.

I had heard of walking wings before, but never thought twice about it. Now, I think I'm going to reconsider. Crawling has become secondary mode of transportation next to walking with assistance. And, honestly, if its going to be 3 more weeks until she's independent and not walking like a drunken sailor, I think I'll need my own walker.

For all you parents bending over 8 hours of every day, here is the product for you: http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=488759&parentCategoryId=85183&categoryId=85215&subCategoryId=86204
I know, I know, it looks like a kiddie leash and it is in the same category as those horrible restraints, but this one promotes freedom and exploration doesn't hinder it. My mom-friends swear by it, and I think I'm going to have to throw down the $24.95 on it and save the $100 masseuse visit!

So, fingers crossed Lillie overcomes her falling fears and starts to really cruise. And, I can feel like a parenting success for longer than just a brief moment, bad back and all.

bookmark and share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home