Monday, May 5, 2008

Culture Shot: Play-doh's and dont's

Our old friend Play-Doh has gone high-tech. Really, I'm serious. The digital age has reached into the depths of even the most low-tech items, Play-Doh.

I finally broke down and bought Lillie some Play-Doh the other week. And, even though the packaging says for 2 years plus, I had to give it a try. She loves it. I mean really loves it. She calls it "toys", I'm not quite sure why, but at any given moment she's toting the little plastic bag around begging me to open it.

That first whiff of the Play-Doh smell took me right back to my childhood. It smells exactly how you remember it. And, I could even remember some of my old tricks. Roll a worm, make taco shells; I even remembered how to make spaghetti with the presser tool. I felt like a real pro until I reached the end of my tricks and my little one was bored.

So, where do you turn in times of desperation? Google, of course. And thanks to my search, I found that Play-Doh has its own web site. And as if they were reading my mind, it is full of Play-Doh ideas. You can learn how to make eggs and bacon, build a car, or how to mix colors to make brand new ones. It is a cornucopia of ideas and I hope you have a chance to check it out. If only the internet was scratch and sniff, then we could all transport back to our childhood.


bookmark and share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home