Thursday, June 26, 2008

Style file: summer maternity dresses

due Maternity Licorice Stripe DressAs I comfortably bop around the outdoor garden aisles at the Home Depot this morning, I spy a poor bloated preggo so big I fear she’ll go into labor right there in the begonias.

Thank goodness for my cheapie Tar-jay tank dresses I wear all season long I think. Her t-shirt soaked in sweat and stuck to her back, combined with her belly band capris made me appreciate my flat tummy and thin cotton slip dress even more.

Yes, pregnancy is a most beautiful thing that comes with a round belly to be loved and embraced for the short time you have it. But when its 100+ degrees without so much as a burp of a breeze, even the most happily glowing mama-to-be finds herself with pre-preggers body slash dainty dress envy.

I thought to myself there’s got to be something cooler out there than clingy shorts and tees. Sure enough, I found a slew of casual dresses (the one pictured almost exactly like the one I'm wearing) – some starting at just $29 bucks!

> due Maternity (dresses on sale 15% off!)
> Target
> Belly Dance Maternity (higher prices, but also higher style)

bookmark and share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home