Sunday, June 22, 2008

Mommy Diaries: Grumpy old man...

It was bound to happen one of these days. Cy, Lillie and I tried a new restaurant, family friendly restaurant please note, this past Saturday. Lillie has been a little spirited, I'll say, while eating out. The idea of sitting in her chair has become like torture. We usually choose a booth to let her feel like she is sitting like a big girl.

This dinner was proving to be especially hard to keep her well-behaved. Meaning in her seat, eating her food and speaking in a normal toned voice. I was taking most of the entertaining duties, while Cy tried to eat. As it turned out, we sat next to the grumpiest old couple ever. Every time Lillie jumped in her seat, the man who had his back to us would bounce in his seat, so I knew how annoying it was. And, we got multiple turn arounds with dirty looks when her tone went above normal.

Now, I know that it would be completely annoying to have a toddler going crazy next to you while eating out with your wife. Most occasions people are so friendly about my joyful toddler. She wasn't screaming, pitching a fit or really misbehaving. It seemed this man had a very low tolerance for anything toddler related and most likely never is around children himself. But, come on, we weren't at Sullivan’s trying to have a $100 meal.

So, I think I've banned sit down restaurants for the time being. Having to leave early, because this man made me feel so bad and eating my cold parmesan chicken at home was probably the straw that broke the camels back. Oh well, more Chick-fil-a and burger joints for me. Here goes the waistline.

bookmark and share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home