Monday, July 28, 2008

Mommy diaries: My bear hugger

The family went on a great vacation to Vail the other week. The weather was tremendous and the scenery was just to die for.

I used to go skiing as a kid with my family every winter in Colorado. And, those memories are some that I cherish most. Learning to ski, having your first hot chocolate in the snow and your sister actually being nice to you, because you were out of town. Just an overall feeling of "wow, this place is so unlike where I live."

I got the same giddy feelings as I drove through the mountains to our resort with Cy and Lillie. The fresh cool air on our faces and all the trees. The one thing I don't remember from my childhood is the great playgrounds and animal statues sprinkled around town.

Lillie just fell in love with the beautiful parks. New slides to try out, ladders to climb. And, when we were in town, Lillie had hug or pat each and every bear statue we passed. My little one does have a great affection for her little stuffed bear she totes around. But, I didn't know that her love could be passed on to large metal bears, as well. Apparently she is an equal opportunity bear lover.

This pic said it all. Her sweet face on that metal bear and a look of sheer pleasure! Nice new vacation memories made in one of my favorite places on Earth.

bookmark and share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home