Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Listen Up, Humidity Haters

My once beloved, bathroom-drawer-dedicated, never-travel-without-it flat iron was laid to its final rest about a year ago. For as long as I can remember, I’ve been part of the stick-straight or die brigade whose motto was something along the lines of: “If it ain’t smokin’, it ain’t straight enough”.

Maybe the lazys kicked in with my new work-from-home situation. Sorry Dear, I promise I’ll start wearing makeup again one of these days. Or perhaps I just became comfortable in my own skin – I guess I mean, hair. Either way, I finally decided to embrace my God-given waves and find a way to work with them rather than battle against them every day.

Partly due to the lack of makeup, but mostly due to the lack of knowledge on how to tame my tresses, I looked like something my husband pulled out of the gutter. I tried going to sleep with it damp, diffusing it, braiding it, you name it. I’m under control now and feeling more fabulously bohemian than ever, but the first few months of my newfound lock love would have been a lot easier had I known about the ladies over at www.naturallycurly.com.

These two curly Sues wanted to create a place where others could come celebrate their likely hated-since-childhood ringlets. I’m not saying you won’t still have the occasional bad hair day when the humidity spikes to 90% and you’re headed for an outdoor Saturday afternoon wedding. They’re not magicians. But I bet they can offer a better solution than finding the right brown paper bag to match your dress.

Naturallycurly.com offers tips and product suggestions by curl and hair type, down-to-earth columns by real women and huge communities to connect with others. Turns out there’s at least 25,000 others in the same boat trying to wrangle their waves into a style they can feel good about – as they should!

So before you go shave it all off Britney style, check out www.naturallycurly.com. I bet they can talk you out of it.

bookmark and share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home