Friday, September 28, 2007

Getting Geared up for Baby

My good friend Elissa came over yesterday to review her baby registry and to figure out what to buy for the arrival of her son come February. And, not until she filled a legal pad of paper with two columns of stuff, did I realize that holy cow there's so much to buy for a kiddo. For a newbie on the scene it is an overwhelming task. It got me thinking about my preparation for Lillie. Beyond the bottles, nipples, pumps and so forth the best gifts I received and the things I use most were not the practical items.

Expecting parents certainly need all of the gear that comes with bringing life into the world. I'm sure my mom thinks I'm crazy for having a wipe warmer, bottle warmer, diaper genie, vibrating chair, automatic swing, all the things that they didn't have when we were growing up. Honestly, it makes things easier and gets you through those tough first weeks. But, the things I cherish most beyond my conveniences are those gifts that last longer, have more personality and show a little love. This is why we started Two Blue Peas.

Sarah and I hope that friends and family can go beyond the Babies r Us registry and find that one item that a little pea will keep forever. A sweet duck lovie, monogrammed blanket, or precious outfit that can be past down to a sibling. I know it seems like shameless self promotion, but it truly is why we do what we do. So, the next time you are standing at our friend the big box shop, think about Two Blue Peas and how much Mother's appreciate that one special item given with love.

bookmark and share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home