Thursday, October 11, 2007

Deep Thought Thursday

On my way home from “the office” yesterday afternoon, I pulled up to a stop light next to a truck with a very hairy, but even happier four-legged passenger in the front seat. The window was rolled all the way down, his front legs were perched on the door and his nose was stuck straight up in the air so he didn’t miss a single glorious scent.

All of the sudden I started giggling out loud. I’m sure I looked crazy since I was all alone and didn’t have a Bluetooth headset sticking out of my ear, but whatever. You’re going to have to try hard on this one, but can you remember the days when you could stay up through the last skit on SNL each week? You know, because it was funny?

Rover triggered my memory of one of the best segments I can remember since tuning into the show when I was in high school: Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey. The first one goes out to the pup from yesterday afternoon. He did, after all, inspire this random, pointless post. The others are just some of my favorites for you to enjoy, and maybe even laugh out loud at.

"Better not take a dog on the space shuttle, because if he sticks his head out when you're coming home his face might burn up."

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."

"Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: "Mankind". Basically, it's made up of two separate words – "mank" and "ind". What do these words mean? It's a mystery, and that's why so is mankind."

"If you saw two guys named Hambone and Flippy, which one would you think liked dolphins the most? I'd say Flippy, wouldn't you? You'd be wrong, though. It's Hambone."

"How come the dove gets to be the peace symbol? How about the pillow? It has more feathers than the dove, and it doesn't have that dangerous beak."

Finally for all you mommies... "The face of a child can say it all, especially the mouth part of the face."

You can check out the rest of the hilarious thoughts at the official Jack Handey website, which I give full credit to for the quotes above.

bookmark and share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home