Thursday, October 4, 2007

Girl's Weekend

This weekend I am traveling to West Palm Beach, Florida to my friend Lauren's house for a yearly get together with my college friends. There are seven of us that get together every year to catch up, laugh, drink and basically act as if we were still in college. Last year the girls were nice enough to travel to Texas, because I was big and pregnant. And, this year I'm quite excited to be traveling, all by myself, no baby or husband in tow to sunny Florida.

Now, out of most of my friends I probably have had the most change in my life. Since last year, I became a mother, business owner, had a gall bladder removed and lost 35 pounds of pregnancy weight plus another 10. Mentally I feel like I have matured and started to really make my mark on this world. So, it will be exciting to see what all my friends think of my accomplishments.

In order to showcase my beautiful baby girl's first year to my friends I discovered the greatest tool. Our friends at Shutterfly have created a way for you to make memory books online. They provide the background, layout and tools you need to put together a beautiful scrapbook. Now, I know this is not an original idea, Apple has been doing this for awhile, but Shutterfly has taken it a step further to really give you that personal touch. I created my book last weekend, ordered it with 2 day shipping and voila 55 glorious pages of Lillie to really bore all my friends with!

Other than documenting last year for my friends, I will be at my favorite shop, Anthropologie, to find the perfect outfits for the beach weekend. Fingers crossed I don't ball my eyes out leaving my sweet baby girl for the first time. And, hopefully, the excitement of being away will dull my anxiety of leaving Lillie with her Dad all weekend. All the preparations have been made and I will be nervously traveling on Friday cute outfits and memory book in tow for a weekend of laughs and fun.

bookmark and share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home