Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Holiday hag or fun party-going mom?

So, the husband's holiday office party was this Friday, as were most office parties in town it seemed. Cy works for a very young company, up and coming, creative and innovative. And, most of their employees are just that - young, creative, innovative. As the company has grown from 15 to now 60 people, I'm now Cy's wife instead of Helen. And, getting to know some of the new folks has been hard. Normally when they see me I'm the lady with the kid, snot on her t-shirt and diaper bag in tow. That's why this year I had to pull out all the stops.

First, find fabulous dress that would knock socks off anyone. Check, got a beautiful black dress, that Cy says every time I wear it, "wow that's a great dress". Second, wear even more fabulous shoes that make me 3 inches taller and have sort of an attitude. Done. Thank you Saks Fifth Avenue in NYC, I L-O-V-E my new Prada patent leather shoes. And, finally have many glasses of wine while your there, as to not seem stiff and old.

Mission accomplished, I think. Now, I don't know if the employees are just trying to be nice, but I got compliments on the shoes, hair and one person even said, "I think you and your husband are the classy people here." Well, thank you young iPod toting designer type person. I'll take classy over old any day!

bookmark and share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home