Monday, December 31, 2007

Welcome 2008 at home?

I saw a statistic this morning that said 60% of people will ring in the New Year at home this year. Really, 60%? That seems pretty high to me, but then again I'm part of that percentage.

I love the idea of New Year's eve celebrations. Drinks, confetti, staying up until midnight to kiss a sweetheart or stranger, whatever you have going this year. But, when you break it down its pretty much a hassle. All restaurants, bars and hotels have New year's eve specials that are very costly on your pocket book. Traffic and finding a designated driver is always a challenge. So, why not spend it cozied up at home?

Since becoming parents Cy and I have given up on most of the holidays that require babysitters. One, our babysitter list usually consists of my dad and sister. And as to not ruin their holiday, we usually don't ask on important days. And, two, we're pretty tired ( you can read this lame). I sort of look forward to watching the ball drop on TV and having a mini celebration at home. I do have a bottle of champagne chilling in the fridge. And, who knows, maybe we'll get crazy and order some pizza!

Have a safe and happy New Year's eve celebration. And, if you're a fellow at-homer as 60% of you are, cheers to the lame (tired or smart, either works) guys!

bookmark and share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home