Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Santa Bay-Yay-Bee

I love Christmas. I love the food, the presents, the visiting, the food, the tree, the spirit, the food. And much to Kevin’s chagrin, I also really love the carols. I started tuning in to the 24/7 holiday music channel the second my turkey digested back in November.

For the most part, I happily sing along to every tune. “Dominic the Italian Christmas Donkey”? Love it. “I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas”? One of my faves. I’m pretty open and accepting when it comes to Christmas music.

“Santa Claus is Coming to Town”, however, is a song that falls pretty low on my list. Threatening me to be good by telling me a fat, bearded stranger in a red velvet suit will be watching me while I sleep hardly launches me into the holiday spirit. It freaks me out a little bit actually. Especially the version I heard today while innocently wrapping gifts.

I’m going on record to say the official worst rendition of that or any other Christmas song is by Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons. Wow. The song is creepy enough as it is without the shrieking bay-yay-bee mixed in. Sherry Baby called – she wants her song back. Please give it to the poor girl.

Feel like torturing yourself? Give it a quick listen.

bookmark and share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home