Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Things we love: IKEA’s beaming blossoms

IKEA, IKEA. How do I love thee? Let me count the ways:

1. creative displays that force me to re-think my space
2. high-polished looks at dirt-cheap prices
3. uber-friendly clerks around every corner
4. everything you need (and stuff you never knew you needed) under one roof
5. $.99 frozen yogurt cones at the end of a 3 hour journey

Whether looking for something specific or just killing a Sunday afternoon, I absolutely love wandering the IKEA maze, hunting for Eurotastic treasures along the way.

As a superfan of whimsical décor for littles, among my favorite spots along the arrow-lined path is the children’s area. With creative storage solutions, sleek furniture, and ultra-hip knick knacks abound, even the most design-challenged parent can make a truly unique and cool space for their kiddos.

Last weekend I discovered the most adorable nightlight on the face. The three-dimensional shape of the bud adds interest, the warm pink glow of the light removes any fear of the dark, and the clever green cord adds charm to what is typically the most unattractive part of any electronic device.

If I wasn’t 30 years too old for this one, I’d line a whole wall in my room with these babies. And at $9.99 a pop, you can afford a whole field of them.

> Smila Blomma wall lamp at IKEA.com

bookmark and share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home