Friday, October 19, 2007

Forgive Me Mommy For I Have Sinned

I have to fess up. Even though I don’t have any little peas of my own just yet, I read a lot of mommy blogs and frequently lurk a handful of mommy forums.

Mostly for the obvious reason – to find out what real moms need and hope to get out of their baby gear and the shops they purchase from. But also because there are some really funny ladies (with even funnier stories) out there who are willing to just air their dirty laundry in the name of motherhood.

A common thread in many of these online communities seems to be “Mommy Confessions” – a way for mommies to spill the beans about their guilty pleasures and the little white lies they sometimes tell to indulge in them. Here are some of my favs this week:

“I have knowingly handed a child with a dirty diaper over to a caregiver and feigned surprise when the diaper was discovered.”

“I have deliberately gone to the grocery store on sample night with the intention of letting my children eat free samples for dinner. Sometimes all I buy on those runs is milk for them to drink while they eat.”

“I give the kid the dog's toy and watch them chase each other for like 45 minutes. Let's me catch up on my blogging!!”

“Jr has been known to eat dog food or dog treats... But it's all natural! Whitefish and potato! It's good for him, I swear!!”

“My husband has been napping for about 2 hours, and it's almost our normal bedtime now. I should have woken him up, but I didn't because I know he would have wanted me to cook for him and I really hate cooking.”

bookmark and share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home