Monday, January 7, 2008

The NEW Fabric of My Life

A few months back I started the SELF Beauty Challenge. Technically you’re supposed to start and end the thing in one month, but I think I deserve a little wiggle room for the surgery and turkey day that fell in the middle of what was supposed to be my time to focus on beauty. I doubt bandages and pumpkin cheesecake are what SELF had in mind for this particular challenge.

Two months later (and with Santa’s help), I’m still working at it. This year he dropped a little treat in my stocking to help me combat fine lines. Normally I would take offense to that sort of offering, but I know I’m not getting any younger and all help is appreciated at this point.

My new satin pillowcase is my new favorite beauty weapon. Not only is it nice and cool on my face all night, but I really do find my skin gliding across the surface of it rather than sticking to it like the old cotton cases of yesteryear.

Supposedly a satin case will cut down on evil doers wrinkles, sleep lines and dents. We’ll see. If nothing else, it’s just fun to go to bed feeling fancy pants on a shiny satin case. That’s got to count for some sort of anti-aging capabilities, right?

bookmark and share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home