Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Things we love: Ghirardelli dark chocolate

Oh, chocolate why are you so wonderful? I think somewhere in the connection of humans and nature, chocolate and women must share some sort of genetic link.

I found at my local grocery store in the 'bad for you food isle' that no one is ever going down but me, a package of lovely individually wrapped dark chocolate squares by Ghirardelli. These are genius! If you're a sweet lover like I am, you can take one (ok sometimes two) chocolates after a meal and feel like you've had a great dessert.

Having a chocolate treat is usually a luxury for most folks. So, to get you on my dark chocolate train (is that a really bad rap song?); I'm listing all the benefits of dark chocolate:

- lowers high blood pressure
- is chalk full of antioxidants, which help fight cancer
- has been shown to reduce bad cholesterol (LDL)
- stimulates endorphin production, yes, the feelings of pleasure
- contains serotonin, which acts as an anti-depressant

Next time you shop, proudly walk down that candy aisle and if anyone gives you a snooty glare; think of all the endorphin production that is going to happen once you're at home. And, give them a little giggle back.

bookmark and share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home