Tuesday, October 30, 2007

A Keen Fashion Sense

Who knew it started so early? A superior keen fashion sense has been instilled into my daughter. I've always thought of myself as a fashion savvy, good eye for design kind of girl. But, I think I have been one-upped by my daughter.

Today was my morning to sleep in, thank you husband. And, although sleeping in means 7:45 am, every little bit counts these days. As I stumbled in the living room bleary eyed and groggy, I found Cy and Lillie quietly looking at pictures in the latest National Geographic. Sweet baby, sweet Daddy, but wait something looks different here. Cy starts laughing and as Lillie realizes I'm in the room she gestures "hat".

My beautiful daughter was clad in green striped footed pajamas, with bright pink shoes over the footies and a dark green camo hat. I start to giggle and think what has gone on this morning? Cy explains that Lillie was adamant that she wear her shoes when she got up and of course her hat. Because you never know when you might need to dart out the door at 6:45 am for an unknown reason. And, she teetered around in her outfit for a good couple of hours.

I didn't realize that a person's innate fashion sense would start so early. But, there you have it. A 13 month old can decide she needs to accessorize her pajamas just as well as a 32 year old. Kudos to you little one. I will have to betroth my Vogue to you at an earlier age than expected.

bookmark and share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home