Tuesday, October 23, 2007

One frozen heart attack, comin’ right up!

I do all the grocery shopping in my household. I don’t mind one bit and actually prefer to go alone. It took my husband 10 minutes once to decide whether he wanted distilled, purified, spring or drinking water during one of our extremely few family trips to the store. It’s ok honey – the choices can be a little overwhelming.

If I had my way, I would avoid the frozen dinner aisle all together. The portions are small and the price and sodium counts are anything but. Unfortunately, these icy cardboard box entrees are a staple of my husband’s diet.

He mentioned last night that he could use something a little heartier for lunch to hold him over until quitting time. Evidently the ones marked “lean” and “organic” that I’ve been buying are not enough for my Hungry-Man. So partly to humor him, but mostly to humor myself, I wheeled by the grilled turkey and pasta primavera and went in for the kill: Hungry-Man Sports Grill Beef Taco with Potato Wedges. Wow. There are so many things wrong with this product I don’t even know where to begin.

How about with the marketing:
“1 LB. OF FOOD” and “Now you can enjoy popular varieties from your favorite sports grill in front of your own TV.”

Or maybe with the ingredients:
“Imitation Cheddar Cheese”, “Artificial Flavor” and “Artificial Color”. There are more 27-letter words on the back of the box than I can count on my entire family's hands.

But I think the Nutrition Facts speak for themselves:

Hungry-Man

I can’t believe I actually bought this thing, even if just for a joke. Now I just hope my husband doesn’t seriously reach for this heart-attack-in-a-box for his post-game midnight snack this weekend.

bookmark and share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home