Monday, October 22, 2007

Weather change, feelings change

It finally hit here - Fall. The weather turned a chilly 55 degrees and all of the sudden I feel like Christmas has arrived. Now, I know all you folks in Minnesota will laugh at this blog, but when you live in the middle of Texas cold weather means Winter. I woke up this morning looking at the rain and my little one in her footed pj's and I thought, do I need to make a stew today? Or bust out the winter coats and egg-nog?

What is it about the weather that makes you have such strong emotions? Are we really that connected to nature? We must be. Our primal ancestors didn't live in climate control or insulated houses where the temperature is always a mild 75 degrees. The change in weather truly has an affect on your emotions. All of a sudden my gathering instincts kick in and I need to stock up on food in the pantry and bottled water. OK, well maybe just some hot chocolate and red wine.

The funny thing is that the weather is supposed to get back in the 80's in just a couple of days. Back to "normal" around here. And all my winter preparations today will be for not. The husband will laugh when I try to wear a long sleeve shirt in a few days or keep putting socks on my baby. Its hard to switch my Fall/Winter instincts on and off. Maybe I need to live in a place where October really means Fall.

bookmark and share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home