Monday, November 12, 2007

What a Croc

Furry CrocsI’m not typically in my garden every day, so why I wonder would I want to wear garden shoes every day? I know there are many a loyal Croc lover out there, but I just don’t understand what the fuss is about.

Sure they’re cute on kids, comfy for nurses and maybe even practical for a handful of other on-your-feet-all-day professions. But what’s the excuse for the rest of the Toms, Dicks and Janes out there?

They don’t look good with anything (except maybe an old baggy t-shirt, your husband’s boxers and a straw hat), they’re a bad f-a-d that will surely f-a-d-e (think mall bangs, fanny packs and acid wash jeans), and then there’s the whole kids on elevators debacle that has every mall-frequenting mom up in arms.

I assumed that with the close of warm weather, I would also see a much welcomed decline in the number of brightly colored rubber Mickey Mouse shoes out there. I mean, I had to give up my trusty flip flops so it’s only fair, right?

While out shopping over the weekend for some of this season’s comfy and most notably adorable ballet flats, I stumbled upon a rack of winter-ready crocs wearing scarves, or earmuffs, or wool sweaters, or something. I don’t know why I was surprised to see the Crocs “Mammoth” after the release of the Crocs evil stepsister, the Crocs boots, but I was. Eek!

There is a purpose to this rant, I promise. With the plethora of fashionable, affordable and perfectly comfortable flats out there (Macy’s is even having a Veteran’s Day Sale today!), why not treat yourself to a staple pair... or two? Tip: pick something that matches everything BUT your gardening apron.

bookmark and share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home