Friday, November 2, 2007

Miss November

Well, I made it through month one of my annual fall/winter blues with flying colors. I can’t really toot my horn too loudly though. Sweet Mother Nature or evil Global Warming – one of the two – cut me a little slack this year. With an average high in the 80s and low in the 60s in Austin for the month of October, I was able to cling tightly to my flip flops and raise only the long sleeve tees from the dead.

Not that I’m ready to face the fact that it’s November or anything, it’s time to pick my focus of the month to divert my woes away from the weather. In light of my skin’s recent decision to re-live the (not-so) glory days of junior high, I’m in need of some SELFish beauty help.

SELF magazine has created a beauty calendar promising "31 days to a more beautiful you". Now I’m sure they didn’t intend for people to start the calendar in a month where gaining a few extra LBs is inevitable, but I like a good challenge and I’ve got to say buh-bye to these blemishes.

Join me or don’t. I’ll keep you posted along the way if they offer a daily tip that changes my life or at least makes me less of an eye sore for my husband in the morning… maybe I should consider ditching the reindeer pajama pants and fuzzy pink chenille socks first.

> SELF Beauty Calendar on MSNBC.com

bookmark and share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home