Monday, November 5, 2007

Refreshed, Renewed & Revived

Cy and I finally did it. We went away for the weekend sans child. Now, I have to admit, we only traveled 30 miles to a resort outside of Austin, but it still counts. My mom came in and watched little Miss Lillie for the weekend, which was wonderful.

This was our first weekend get-a-way and I have to say, why did I wait so long? I couldn't really believe that Cy and I haven't slept in together in over 13 months. And, I forgot how nice that really is. No negotiating or battling over who is going to get up at the crack of dawn. Sleep is something you really start to miss once you become a parent. And, not that we don't get good sleep at night, we do, but there's something really wonderful about waking up on your own.

Besides the sleep, we had the perfect lazy weekend. Hung out at the pool, drank pina coladas and visited the spa for massages. Wonderful, right? Well, not only did it give me a sense of self-renewal, it gave me the feeling of a revived marriage. Stepping out of your routine you realize, hey, I did marry this person for a reason. I remember how funny and attractive he is. Hopefully, Cy thought the same of me.

The moral of this post is to go away for a weekend sooner than later. Whether you are a parent or not, there is something really refreshing about stepping out of your element and giving yourself time to relax.

bookmark and share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home