Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Spring Forward, Fall Back...Asleep...Please

Oh, daylight savings time. When I was childless I loved daylight savings time in the Fall. One more hour of sleep in the morning, sun comes up a little earlier and the feeling that Fall has officially arrived. I had an hunch that this time change would mess with Lillie's schedule a bit. We're not super strict about bedtimes, but my daughter is usually asleep by 7:30 pm at night and up about 6:45 am or 7:00 am. Very good schedule in my mind. And, I thought I was done getting up at the butt-crack of dawn. Welcome time change.

I have tried my best to adjust her schedule this week with the new time. Push dinner a little bit, so she's not eating at 4:30 pm and keep her up until bedtime. Even though that's 8:30 pm her body clock time. The body clock is an amazing thing. Lillie can wake, eat and sleep at the same time every day even though she has no true concept of time. Well, amazing or not, that body clock is costing me now. We're up at 5:50 am this week.

I'm not quite sure why the government has to be so mean and mess with my schedule. Who started this dumb tradition anyway. And, are we the only country in the world that does this? I bet we are. I'm hoping we can get back to normal in a week or so, but darn it, it's hard to lose sleep. I'm having major flashbacks of Lillie from 0-6 months. Eeeek!

bookmark and share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home