Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Olive it, Olive it, Olive it!

I can’t believe my ears. The same big, hairy, hilarious man who filmed a naked fight scene in a hotel lobby with an even bigger, harrier man has picked an adorable, dare I say “safe” name for his first born.

Sacha Baron Cohen – better known to us all as Borat – and Isla Fisher welcomed daughter Olive Cohen into the world a few short weeks ago. I know I’m a tad behind on this one, but my purpose today is not to announce the news of the birth, but rather to give the couple props for not caving to the Hollywood pressure of naming their child after a feeling, a clothing line or a spice used to flavor soup.

My husband and I must bear the two most common names on the planet – Kevin and Sarah. Oh, and our last name is Brown. Sure, when I go for an oil change there’s 25 other Sarah Browns in the system for the tech to go through. But I can happily report that I never had to spell my name out as a child and never once did I get beat up on the playground by vanilla-named bullies John and Jack.

Here are some of my favorites... favorites to laugh at that is:

Erykah Badu: Seven and Puma
Who can blame her? Last time I checked, her name is more commonly spelled Erica.

Geri Halliwell: Bluebell Madonna
I guess we know her favorite ice cream and pop star.

Courteney Cox Arquette: Coco
Assuming she’ll take after mama, she’s doomed to be nicknamed “hot coco” by the boys for sure.

Barbara Hershey: Free
Babs can expect her son’s “job” to be touring the country following his favorite jam band with girlfriend, Spirit.

Gwyneth Paltrow: Apple
Mmmm, yummy!

Sylvester Stallone: Sage Moonblood
This poor kid’s wife will sleep with one eye open and garlic around her neck.

bookmark and share

1 Comments:

At November 10, 2007 at 8:00 PM , Blogger A Spirited Mom said...

Olive this post!

-Hil

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home