Wednesday, January 9, 2008

2008 brings in the grump!

It arrived. The grumps. Somewhere between Christmas and the New Year Lillie has found a grump phase. We have entered the world of stomping, screaming, throwing and crying when she doesn't get her way. When did this happen? I thought I had at least until 18 months before my little angel learned how to be the devil. Well, we made it here, a little early I feel, but now I'm learning how to deal.

I researched the topic a little today and thought I would share my findings. If you are dealing with a crazed little person, here is some good advice:

1. Don't lose your cool. Staying with your child calmly during a tantrum a good idea, so they don't feel abandoned.
2. Remember you're the adult. Don't give into unreasonable demands from your screaming toddler.
3. Talk it over afterward. Make sure you address the situation.
4. Watch for signs of overstress.

I know, I know, doesn't that all sound peachy when you're not dealing with a screaming person. But, I think they are all good points. Let's see if I can keep my perspective when I'm in the middle of the Barnes and Noble trying to carry a diaper bag, Starbucks and a wiggly, red-faced, kicking toddler. Thank goodness we still have the paci to negotiate with. That overdue topic will have to be covered another time!

bookmark and share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home