Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Things we love: baggin’ your own groceries

Neela Fold-Up Market ToteGrowing up, we were all threatened by our parents with the old “do you want to end up bagging groceries?” line when we slacked on homework.

Maybe in the days of paper or plastic this would have been a decently effective tactic. But in today’s generation of BYOB (bring your own bag), bagging groceries doesn’t seem so bad.

Saving the Earth’s resources one reusable bag at a time – and looking stylish while doing it – feels pretty darn good.

I carry half a dozen canvas bags in my trunk and a fold up version in my purse at all times. You never know when the shopping itch is going to strike, and you don’t want to be that anti-green gal who has to opt for plastic in a pinch.

A couple of my well-loved bags are on their way out, and I just stumbled upon a fabulous replacement: Neela Bags. Also founded by two lovely female entrepreneurs, Neela is helping us live more environmentally-friendly lives in a functional and super stylish way.

Starting at $6.00, they’re an inexpensive way to help you do your part to help save this little place we live in.

> shop neela bags

bookmark and share

1 Comments:

At August 28, 2008 at 9:27 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Sarah, I have been looking EVERYWHERE for something like this... thank you for posting this link! Seems like every other bag I could find online was more like $30-$40 per bag... and with the grocery store versions going for $1 a piece, I couldn't really justify the purchase. These are totally cute, I will definately order some. I'm so excited - no more walking into Whole Foods with a Central Market bag (how embarassing)! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home